Storage

This wine expresses the best of its features
after a few months in the bottle, and the fineness of its character continues to improve for several years.

Serving suggestions

The greatest qualities of this wine are its refinement and elegance. It goes particularly well with strongly-flavoured foods like fish, elegant vegetable dishes such as asparagus or artichokes, and with fresh or fairly young cheeses.

Serving temperature: 10°-12°C

Colour: pale yellow with slight golden reflections. Lively and brilliant.

Bouquet: initially reminiscent of exotic fruits, bananas mixed with vanilla, followed by aromatic notes of toasted dried fruit and acacia honey with slight balsamic hints.

Taste: dry, very smooth, elegant and discreet. The aromatic bouquet is confirmed in the taste, and the light toasted notes which characterise the wine are accentuated.

Alcohol: 12,0 - 12,5% vol.
Total acidity: 5,60 - 6,20 gr/l
pH:

3,25 - 3,40

Serving temperature: 10°-12°C
The grapes are pressed very gently, and the must remains in contact with the skins for a maximum of six to eight hours to obtain the first aromatic extraction.

After the skins have been separated, the must is kept cool (5°- 8°C) for two to three days, to allow the separation of the clear parts from the solid, heavy parts (debourbage).

Afterwards, the temperature of the must is brought up to 16°-18°C and kept at this level throughout fermentation.
About 80% of the must is fermented in stainless steel vats, and the remaining 20% in new barriques of American white oak. The wine is kept in the yeast of its own fermentation until the February or March following the harvest, then is decanted and bottled.
Torre della Sirena I.G.P. is obtained from the local pink-skinned Rossola and Pignola grapes, ancient varieties which were cultivated in Valtellina before the arrival of the Nebbiolo-Chiavennasca grape.

These grapes are picked separately, earlier than the general grape harvest.
This wine is not classified as D.O.C. only because the white wine-making process used is not covered by the rules of production for DOC and DOCG wines. It is therefore presented under the denomination “Terrazze Retiche di Sondrio”.
Some vineyards in Valtellina specialize in local varieties of pink-skinned grapes such as Rossola and Pignola, appreciated for their aromatic delicacy.

These grapes must be picked at the correct moment of maturity to create a wine with floral and fruity perfumes.

The grapes are pressed very gently, and the must remains in contact with the skins for eight to ten hours to obtain the first aromatic extraction
Then a part of the must is allowed to rest for a long time in its own yeasts, while the rest is fermented directly in barriques. Before bottling, the two parts are assembled to increase the harmony and fullness of flavour.


This wine is distinguished by an aromatic delicacy, and can be enjoyed both when young and after several years’ ageing in the bottle.